When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done
Because tonight will be the night
that I will fall for you, over again.
Yours truly
I'm Cheng Can, 14 from SG.
I love FPS and RTS games. I'm also a radio fanatic more recently.
I love romance songs, of course not all. I'm also a mentally emo kid, serious.
Jukebox
Gimme time
to decide
ok? program also needed.
Loves
Music, especially love songs
FPS games
Wants
l33t results
fully operational Xbox live
something to keep me away from my true self
(Will be working on the design of the blog soon to make it nicer.)
Looking backing at yesterday's zone 7 competition, I wondered: Did we deserve to lose?
Yesterday the comp team members went to school at 7am (kenneth was late, as I expected.) for a final practice before it started. We did some rituals like saluting to tan kah kee 178 times (in front of pri sch kids and my classmates) and pumped 18 times in front of ong teng cheong to wish for good luck. After some practice and such, we headed for HQ for lunch and the real deal.
Before long it started, with us doing footdrill at the same time as AC3, which was our school's AC team. As a reserve, I observed that our footdrill regained its imbaness in all ways except for bangs. In short, it was the best FD i've ever seen.
Long case was short (ironic, isn't it). It was quick and treatment was easy for the team. As my team did the case, i spied on the short case and later told the team their possible injuries.
Toc was ... screwed, at least.
Short case was ... manned by retard judges. Unlike our practices and long case, the judges wanted us NOT to be noisy and NOT diagnois the casualties injuries to them. That was so anti-HCI. The judges crapped a lot too, from what i've heard.
While waiting for the results at the auditorium of HQ, I was panicky (on the spot). When they announced Xinmin was third, i thought we could win. But alas, we lost to Nan Hua by 1.5 marks. (luckily not by half, or else i'm gonna chop the short case judges head off...) I was further taken aback when the AC team also got 2nd and got 68 for short case, lower than Henderson which sucks!!!
Collecting our belongings, the comp team members went to the carpark expecting "brotherly love" from the ncos and sirs. Come on, we lost in zone, we can't even obtain the chance to compete in nat comp, we failed them. Instead we got a pep talk by them and we all,ncos, comp team members, cadets who came to support us, sang the sch song. In between, I went emo and broke down and cried and the stinging fact we lost unjustly. Luk Yean later cried because i emo-ed and not long Cheng En broke down too. We clammed down and went to suntec city for dinner where we temporaily forgot the loss. We got words of encouragement by the ncos and sirs to work harder for next year.
I, till date, still wondered: Did we lost bcuz we were too good and there were unfair/ more strict judges? For FD, I was certain our standard were at least on par with the rest yet we got so low (we got 43 or 45 can't rmbr)??? How the heck did Nan Hua, whose no.2 hormat is below eye level, got 48 and Xinmin whose kebelakang bang was somewhat screwed from my sight from the holding room got 49??? For long case the judge was fair and just, gave the same marks to all teams(lol). Toc i was surprised by the marks, we lost by super little. Short case we could got better if weren't for the noise-hating,diagnois-hating, anti-HCI judges. We were the best though. But because of them AC lost 20+ marks. Wonder how Henderson, whose CPR feels like spraying a machine gun and had poor man allotcation(4 sure got sp mistake) beat them here. AC were all-rounders (I mean it) and cases were their forte. Their loss was beyond words...
To me we won the battle, but lost to biasness and unfair judging, thus losing the comp. To those infidelistic judges, quoted from BT(not lauw) who quoted from Chan Wai Kiu( my classmate): "Your whole family die!" ( I don't mean it.) Nan Hua you guys won on luck, but i'm certain Lady Luck won't shine again on you again as much as lightning strike twice.
Finally I must thank Zone 7 for asking such impartial judges to be judges. You guys are quite effeicent sia, score also can mix up/ displayed wrongly. -_-
Really finally, I must thank the ncos and sirs for their time to train us for this. Your advice will always remain in our hearts and it will continue batch by batch. You guys are the best!
Life feels so different without comp team training anymore...